Dessert? Relatively guilt-free? Yes, please! Executive Chef Francis at Alive! Restaurant at luxe wellness resort – The Farm at San Benito shared his vegan-friendly sinful chocolate pecan cake recipe. This one’s a keeper. Check out his summer salad recipe on Voyageur Chic here.
Inspired From Travels To: Philippines
- ½ cup almonds, soaked for eight hours and dehydrated until crisp
- 1.5 cups almonds, soaked for eight hours and dehydrated until crisp
- ¼ cup muscovado sugar
- 6 dates, pitted
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup coconut nectar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, warm
- ½ cup coconut butter (melted)
- ¾ cup dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.25 cup pecans, chopped
- Candied pecans
- Chocolate syrup
- Place almond, pecans, dates, muscovado sugar and cinnamon in the food processor using the "S" blade and process until crumbly, yet sticky.
- Press the mixture firmly into a 9inch pie plate and set aside.
- Blend ingredients in a high-speed blender to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour 3-4 cups of the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate until firm (approx.2 hours).
- Save the remaining chocolate mixture for chocolate truffles.
- Place the dates and coconut oil in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped pecans by hand and spread on top of the chilled chocolate bottom.
- Arrange nuts in symmetrical fashion around the edges of the pie. Chill the pie for the minimum of four hours.
- Blend the ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and drizzle over the pie.
Recipe and Image Courtesy: The Farm at San Benito
Feel free to ask me any questions about the recipe or method and post pictures of how your dessert turned out in the comments below. Also, please use the hashtag #invskitchen or tag @VoyageurChic on Instagram when you make a recipe from this site for a chance to be featured.