Welcome to V’s Kitchen’s UAE Chef Recipe Series.
Struggling with ideas on what to cook these days especially as we are all spending more time at home due to Covid-19? Well, over the next two months I will be sharing a selection of amazing recipes from some of the best chefs in the country to inspire you to get creative in the kitchen.
Today, I am sharing a tagine recipe from one of my favourite Moroccan restaurants and hotels in Dubai – Tagine at One&Only Royal Mirage.
And now to get cooking!
- 2kg whole chicken
- 30g chopped garlic
- 800g chopped onion
- 20g dried coriander
- 20g fresh parsley, chopped
- 30g ginger powder
- 20g salt
- 20g white pepper
- 40g smen or substitute with ghee
- 1g saffron
- 1litre chicken stock
- 150g preserved lemon wedges
- 100g green olives
- 100g sliced tomato
- Marinate the chicken for one hour with olive oil, onion, coriander, parsley, saffron, smen/ghee, salt, pepper and ginger powder.
- Start cooking the marinated chicken in a tagine (or glass/ceramic oven dish) for 45 minutes at 180°C with the chicken stock.
- Check seasoning and add the preserved lemon wedges, green olives and sliced tomato and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
Images: One&Only Royal Mirage
Feel free to ask me any questions about the recipe or method and post pictures of how your Chicken Tagine Makful turned out in the comments below. Also, please use the hashtag #invskitchen or tag @invskitchen on Instagram when you make a recipe from this site for a chance to be featured.