Welcome to V’s Kitchen’s UAE Chef Recipe Series.
Struggling with ideas on what to cook these days especially as we are all spending more time at home due to Covid-19? Well, over the next two months I will be sharing a selection of amazing recipes from some of the best chefs in the country to inspire you to get creative in the kitchen.
Since it’s Ramadan at the moment, I am continuing the series with two hearty and healthy iftar recipes from one of my local faves London Dairy Café.
And now to get cooking! Today’s recipes are simple and delicious – Avocado Kale Salad with miso (can’t get enough of it) and a Vegan Thai Curry.
- 80gms shredded white cabbage
- 60gms shredded pickled cabbage
- 60gms carrots shredded
- 90gms kale chopped
- 70gms avocado
- 7gms mixed sesame seeds
- 15gms miso paste
- 15gms rice vinegar
- 15gms lemon juice
- 20gms soy sauce
- 20gms honey
- 40gms corn oil
- 20gms sesame oil
- First make the miso dressing by combining the ingredients above in a lidded mason jar then shake well to emulsify.
- Adjust the sweetness, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Next massage your chopped kale with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the massaged kale, cabbage, avocado and sesame seeds.
- Pour 60gms of the miso dressing over the salad.
- Toss to coat and add extra dressing to taste.
Next up – Vegan Thai Curry.
- 20gms red curry paste
- 15gms coconut powder
- 100gms coconut milk
- 50gms bamboo shoots
- 1 piece lime leaf
- 1 piece lemongrass
- 100gms water
- 2gms salt
- Little coconut oil
- 20gms snow peas
- 15gms asparagus
- 50gms carrots
- 30gms red capsicum
- 30gms bamboo shoots
- 2 pieces baby corn
- 180gms cooked basmati rice
- To make the curry, boil the first eight ingredients together for three minutes. Set aside.
- Sauté the mixed vegetables with coconut oil until the vegetables are tender.
- Then add the curry paste and cook, stirring often for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and season with salt to taste.
- Serve with 180gms cooked basmati rice.
Images: London Dairy Café
Feel free to ask me any questions about the recipe or method and post pictures of how your Avocado Kale Salad and Vegan Thai Curry turned out in the comments below. Also, please use the hashtag #invskitchen or tag @invskitchen on Instagram when you make a recipe from this site for a chance to be featured.