Ramadan Kareem and welcome to V’s Kitchen Ramadan Recipe Series.
This series will showcase four Middle-Eastern ingredients every week leading up to Eid. This is the second week of the series and I am showcasing nuts as the star Middle Eastern ingredient in a healthy granola recipe which, in my opinion, makes for an excellent nutritious meal to enjoy at suhoor.
What makes this recipe so special, you ask? It’s gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. It’s also SO easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious on top of Greek yoghurt, frozen yoghurt and even on its own. Feel free to work with the nuts you have in your pantry, it’s a very forgiving recipe.
I have included the entire recipe video here. Enjoy!
And here’s the entire recipe:
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup honey
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss together all of your ingredients makings sure everything is well-coated.
- Evenly spread the granola mixture onto the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes tossing once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for around an hour and break into clusters and store in an airtight container in the fridge to ensure the granola stays crunchy for longer.[br
Feel free to ask me any questions about the recipe or method and post pictures of how your granola turned out in the comments below. Also, please use the hashtag #invskitchen or tag @invskitchen on Instagram when you make a recipe from this site for a chance to be featured.