Every hot summer day needs a cool fresh salad, right? Executive Chef Francis at Alive! Restaurant at luxe wellness resort – The Farm at San Benito has us all covered with this super easy, I stress on super easy, vegan-friendly salad recipe that packs a punch and is healthy too. It’s a win-win really. Check out his scrumptious dessert recipe here.
Inspired From Travels To: Philippines
- • 2 pomelo segments
- • 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- • 1 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- • ¼ cup mint, roughly torn
- • ¼ cup roasted cashews, plain or spiced
- • 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- • 4 red chilis, seeded and minced (or use less based on your heat preference)
- • 1 cup apple, diced
- • 2 red onions, sliced
- • 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- • ¼ cup shoyu glaze or soy glaze if that’s easier to find
- Mix the first nine ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the last three ingredients together and add to the mixing bowl. Toss well and garnish with some lemon wedges and coriander.
Recipe and Image Courtesy: The Farm at San Benito
Feel free to ask me any questions about the recipe or method and post pictures of how your salad turned out in the comments below. Also, please use the hashtag #invskitchen or tag @VoyageurChic on Instagram when you make a recipe from this site for a chance to be featured.